The purposes of the Canadian Glass Association are as follows:
- To represent and support the interests of the glass and related industries at the national level in matters of building codes, standards, legislation, and other industry related matters.
- To be the voice of our membership (or of our industry) with allied domestic and foreign glass and related construction associations and to disseminate information from these associations to our membership.
- To act as the conduit for the flow and transfer of industry important information on a national level.
- To encourage and promote the use of national provincial glazing specifications manuals and other related provincial building codes
- To encourage and assist the apprenticeship programs and other educational programs beneficial to the industry.